Friday, September 14, 2012

Mother & Daughter Bonding Over FabKids.com

024

Last Monday, with coffee in hand, I was reading through my Facebook feed when I came along a post featuring an adorable outfit that cost $25 from FabKids.com.  Essie was sitting next to me so I went ahead and followed the link, thinking we could sit and do a little online window shopping while we had our breakfast.  Half an hour later, our order was confirmed and two days later we were opening that cute pink box and trying on our first FabKids outfit!

fabkids_logo-d5a76fd115cbea5d5d08b890b955803eWhat is FabKids.com?  It’s definitely not your average little girl’s clothing site that’s for sure.

There are two things I HATE to see in children’s clothing, commercialization and sexualizing.  It sends such a horrible message to our daughters, granddaughters, nieces, etc., and it’s so hard to find clothes that don’t fall into one or the other category.  The ones you do find tend to be outdated or expensive and boring.

With the guidance of head designer, Denise Kalinowski, FabKids offers un-offensive fashions at reasonable prices, that are just as comfortable as they are stylish!  As their site says, “We believe girls should be empowered to express their individuality through their own personal style – in a way that builds confidence and lets them shine.”  Creative Partner, and mom, Christina Applegate adds, “… the FabKids brand encapsulates everything I believe in for my daughter and want as a mom.”

When you first visit the FabKids site you’ll be asked to take a quiz to create your own style profile.  It was fun and enlightening to listen to my daughter as she explained each choice she made.

Next you’ll shop your outfit picks.  This was the hard part, both Essie and I loved nearly every outfit.  As the site explains, each month you’ll have the option of selected an outfit (all of which include 3 pieces) for $39.95, or you can skip it.  There’s never an obligation to buy, along with free shipping and returns. 

Finally, you’ll get your new outfit and well, there’s something about a cute box and clothes wrapped in silver tissue paper that’ll bring out the girl in anyone.

017

I’m sure you have plenty of other questions, I know my first one was what about the boys, fyi – they’re working on it for 2013. so I encourage you to visit the FabKids site yourself.  I promise you, I’m not the kind of person to get excited enough to write about any children’s fashions I haven’t made myself.  That said, the message behind FabKids is one I believe in and want to share with you!

P.S. If you follow any of the links on this post you’ll get your first outfit for $25 AND you’ll also get a super cute, long-sleeve star t-shirt.  Happy Shopping!

021

I was not compensated for this review, the opinions expressed are my own and they are honest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment